Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's Finally Over! And What the Heck?

The yard sale is finally over and I am so glad it is! I sold the sectional (whoo hoo!) We did pretty good, I made enough to put a down payment on some furniture for the family room, still not sure it was worth it though. It seems as though I have one of these every 5 years or so just to remind myself why I hate them so much! I must forget just how much of a pain they are to even contemplate having another one! For one the dickering drives me crazy... I know that it is all part of the game but please people, if you are the first customer of a 2 day sale don't ask me if I will take $.25 for an item that is marked $2.00! Saturday afternoon I have no problem making deals, heck even Friday afternoon for that matter but not right out of the gate! I don't even go to yard sales, I just don't have the patience for sifting through all of the junk to find the real treasures plus they start way too early in the morning for me! There are people around here who have them every weekend... Are they crazy or am I just not seeing the fun and excitement in it all?

Now that the sale is over I have to get on with getting my basement put back together. But before I can do that I still have to paint my scrapbook room and before that can happen the guy needs to come and fix the dang dry wall and he isn't calling us back which means all my scrapbook stuff is still all over the family room! GRRR!

So now on to "What the Heck?" Do all men have to go through a phase when they think they are Peter Fonda in "Easy Rider" or in my Husband's case Tim Allen in "Wild Hogs"? Lately my hubby has been hem hawing around about wanting a street bike, now know that we have already been through the dirt bike and four wheeler phase and we are still paying on it. Finally he drug me to the two local bike shops to show me what he was on about, hoping I am assuming, that I would fall all over the idea and insist that he sign the papers right away so that we could ride off into the sunset with new leathers and maybe a tattoo. When he caught on that I was not nearly as enthusiastic about this whole idea as he had hoped I got a disgruntled look and was asked just exactly what my problem was. Ummm, do you want a list? Poor economy, not quite stable job situation, uncertain future not to mention the whole Motorcycles Scare the Crap Outta Me thing! Road Pizza anyone? So we left. The rest of the night I felt bad about dashing his dreams but for once one of us had to have a little sense. Next thing I know guess what is sitting in my driveway? Well if you said a motorcycle you would be wrong.... there were 2 motorcycles in my driveway! Don't get the wrong idea, he didn't go out and buy one (or two), he had just borrowed them from his cousin. They worked out some sort of deal where he can keep one of them to ride in exchange for helping him get the rest of his running. Yes I said rest, the man has 7 motorcycles and said it would be silly for Gary to go out and buy one when he could just use one of his. Well that gets me partly off the hook but now I actually have to get on one of those beasts and hope like heck that I don't end up leaving my hind end on some long stretch of black top! So I ride with him and it is not entirely unpleasant so if it makes him happy and we don't have to incur another payment then I guess I can just deal with the smelly thing sharing the garage with my favorite car and the pure terror I feel everytime he rounds a corner with me on the back. Now how do I get out of the road trip he wants to take? Ideas anyone? Please!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yeah, good luck with that! You know Gary and the feather up the butt thing...you'll be riding off in the sunset before long! Just be glad he wants to take you with him! I really will be over there one of these days...I'm such a freaking slacker! I don't have diabetes, my thyroid is perfect and I have been instructed more or less to get off my ass and start excersizing. You up for it?

Stephanie said...

BTW, HILARIOUS POST! I LMAO and I'm at work!