Thursday, June 4, 2009

School's Out, Birthdays are over, time to relax.... yea right!

I am so glad school is out, no more fighting about homework and grades, until the report card comes in the mail that is! My daughter is finished with High School and I couldn't be more ecstatic. I seriously did not think we were both going to live through it, now if we both live through her "finding herself" then we will have accomplished something! With the ending of the school year also comes the Birthdays. My children are exactly 6 years and roughly 12 hours apart in age which means that their Birthdays are 1 day apart. My daughter's Birthday is the 28th of May and my son's is on the 29th.... believe me, that takes talent! No we didn't plan them this way, who could or would want to!? All I can say on the subject is that my Dear Husband was told that there would be no more "Anniversary Presents" until the problem was "snipped" in the butt if you know what I mean! Problem solved! Just a little history on the whole Birthday thing.... My daughter is convinced that she didn't get a 6th Birthday party because of the stupid little brother being born.... Oh really? I believe I have pictures and a scrapbook page or two to prove it but she still refuses to believe me. Lets see, I was 10 and a half months pregnant by my calculations and was crossing my legs the whole time but I still managed to hang a pinata, provide cake and ice cream, presents, guests, the whole nine yards but she doesn't remember.... If just one of my children would have bothered to be on time this wouldn't have turned out to be such a fiasco as their due dates were within a few days of each other as well. Which brings up another memory..... Me and my beautiful 5 year old daughter walking through Wal-Mart just after my Doctor told me my due date and I innocently ask said daughter if she would like to have a new baby brother or sister for her Birthday, she stops in the middle of the aisle, looks me straight in the face and says "I'd rather have a toy" And her attitude towards him hasn't changed a bit in the last 19 years! So the Birthdays have never been all that harmonious and there is always an "incident" or two to put a small damper on the proceedings. This year as we are singing Happy Birthday to the dastardly duo the smaller one is a little more excited and is apparently annoying the other so she gets him in a headlock smashing his braces into his lip. Now he is crying and doesn't want to blow out his candles. He also doesn't want to eat any cake and ice cream because he is so embarrassed at having cried in front of the whole family. On the bright side it was the first time my Daughter smiled all day!

So I heave a sigh of relief having survived the Birthdays and look forward to what June has in store, camping next weekend, Basketball Camp the next, Parade Band and Jr. Golf. Family Reunions and trips to the amusement park.... Relax, yea right!

Barb

No comments: